January 04, 2013

Christmas Vegetables...I mean, Turkey

Yeah...so...I've been digesting for two weeks...I'll be done by spring.

The fridge has gone from bursting – with food stuffed on top of it, beside it, up and down it – to empty…in a week.

And the other thing I've noticed?...After all that food...I'm hungry all the time.

Christmas dinner was part of that – I broke a record – a personal best on the vegetable front. Previous record? Six vegetables. But this year…beat that by two. Yup eight vegetables. For three people...


 
  • Carrots
  • Rutabaga
  • Leeks
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Broccoli
  • Potatoes
  • Parsnips
  • Green beans

…and turkey with sausage stuffing and gluten free bread stuffing…
…with gravy and white sauce (for the leeks)
…with cranberry sauce




…followed by flaming Christmas pudding

Groan…

And then, there was new year’s…but that’s my next blog. Happy 2013.

No comments: